- History and heritage: the Julia Augusta route, which linked Arles to Rome, was opened there in the year 13 before JC, in the 1st century after JC the aqueduct that used to supply Fréjus (Forum Julli) with water was built there. The chapel of Notre Dame des Maures was built in the 17th century. In the 18th century Les Adrets de l'Estérel was the famous haunt of Gaspard de Besse, a bandit with a big heart, who stole the rich from Italy to give to the poor.
The adret of Provençal l'Adrech means "the southern slope", the sunny slope.
- The situation: 18 km from Mandelieu-la-Napoule and 20 km from Fréjus, located in the extreme south of the Var department, on the edge of the “Alpes Maritimes” department and surrounded by the Estérel massif. the town offers a panorama on the Lérins islands (Sainte-Marguerite and Saint-Honorat), it is divided into two areas: the Planestel district at the top and the church district below.
- Living in Les Adrets de l'Estérel: in the heart of the Estérel massif, with pine forests, cork oaks, dense vegetation with multiple Mediterranean species, number of inhabitants: 2,839, several restaurants and shops, kindergarten and primary, market Wednesday and Sunday mornings.
- To see: the old diligence caching inn "l'Auberge des Adrets", but also the sources of Mareret, the covered wells, horseriding treck in the Estérel, the panoramic road from the Adrets de l'Estérel to the lake of Saint-Cassien .
- Good reasons to buy in les Adrets de l'Estérel: the Mediterranean climate with hot and dry summers is tempered by the altitude, while being located a few kms from the sea, it is a true paradise for nature lovers, offering superb walks to the Avellan and Saint-Cassien lakes, that are also a good spot for fishing lovers, small beaches have been built there.