- History and heritage: The area of Saint Raphaël was occupied from the 3rd millennium before JC, numerous testimonies such as dolmens and menhirs attest it.
The Roman occupation then developed the trade, mainly of oil and wine.
In the Middle Ages the fortified village took the name of Saint Raphaël, the 30 meter high watchtower is the only remaining of the remparts, the village was subsequently extended and opened onto the sea in the 18th century, construction of the lighthouse of Agay, the port was developped in the 19th and 20th centuries (fishing, trade in bauxite, cork) and was exporting all over the world, the arrival of the railway then favored the development of tourism, a popular resort for artists and famous writers, the Belle-epoque villas prove it.
- The situation: Not far from Fréjus located 4 kms away, halfway between Cannes and Saint Tropez, Saint Raphaël has an train station and a convention center.
- Living in Saint Raphaël: number of inhabitants: 34,575, nursery and primary schools, middle and high school, numerous restaurants, shops and markets, the 5 marinas and the 42 kms of coast have allowed to create a place full of varied nautical activities.
- To see: hikes in the heart of Esterel or on the coastal path, the beaches and the creeks of Saint Raphaël and Agay.
- Good reasons to buy in Saint Raphaël: this place has a very rich history, presenting the aspect of a small Provençal town which has developed new districts extending to the sea, moreover the proximity of the Estérel massif and the many nautical activities are major assets, the convention center can accommodate multiple events, cultural life is also very present, such as the Jazz festival.