- History and heritage: originally Sainte Maxime was a Greek trading post: Calidianisi, then it was a Roman city, the port was delivered with oil, wine and olives.
In the 7th century, to run away from the Saracens, the inhabitants found refuge in the hills of Gassin, Ramatuelle, Cogolin and Grimaud. The only ancient vestige: the Tour Seigneuriale (the Square Tower).
After the wars, fishermen came to settle there and founded Sainte Maxime in the year 1000.
A longtime after, in the 18th century, this small port became again a commercial port, through the wood (cork) trading, wine and oil, sold to Italy. In the 19th century the reputation of Sainte Maxime was based on the fact that many artists settled there, poets and writers, Jean de Brunhoff wrote some of his books "babar" there, a beach of the "travel of Babar" represents a beach of Sainte Maxime which today bears the name of "elephant beach". At the end of the 19th century, the creation of the railway linking Hyères to Fréjus and passing through the golf course of Saint Tropez, contributed to the development of the city.
- The situation: In the golf course of Saint Tropez, near the Massif des Maures, Sainte Maxime is protected from the mistral thanks to the surrounding hills. The large pear offers a beautiful panorama of the golf course. Many beaches on the West and on the East (Plage de la Nartelle).
- Living in Sainte Maxime: number of inhabitants: 14,103, the casino, the port, numerous restaurants, bars and shops, local products and market.
- To see: the inland area offers beautiful hikes, the botanical garden, the aquatic park.
- Good reasons to buy in Sainte Maxime: sheltered from the wind, Sainte Maxime offers a pleasant and mild Mediterranean climate all year round. Sainte Maxime lives all year round and will allow you to enjoy each season.